View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty c View Post
Is it possible that the Sears location of the mall could be renovated and move the Bay into that location. The current Bay site could then be converted into convention space as it is already attached to TCU Place. Put an arena on the lot North of 22nd and connect the 2 with skywalks. Leaves the former STC site as a prime location for a parkade with ground level bars/restaurants perfectly situated across from the arena. From there it’s an easy walk to North Downtown which could help spur that development. Also spreads the foc points of Downtown (arena and river landing) out which ensures that business throughout downtown will be within walking distance.
I could get behind this idea! Another possibility would be to go the other direction and take over the YMCA. If I am not mistaken, there has been talk of them wanting some new digs. It would have the potential to expand all the way to the corner of Idylwyld and 22nd. A corner, in my opinion that could very much use an impressive building like a convention centre.

It will likely come down to property large enough that the city owns or can get cheap. Do the midtown owners own the parking lot?