View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
They fought in those wars and should be commended for their service, but what I wasnt communicating effectively is my thought/belief that Gen Z is already far more politically active and service-oriented than Millennials were at the same ages.

We bitched about what an awful president was George W. Bush and about how much the recession sucked, but what actions did we take at the time (other than the failed Occupy movement then Handro referenced)? I dont believe Millennials, collectively, have the same appreciation for the long-term implications of our current actions as Gen Z, who at least recognize they're (we're?) fucked and are trying to do something about it and draw attention in ways that are productive. Millennials mostly just like to bitch/moan/whine/complain.

And yes, the irony is not lost on me that is exactly what I'm doing right now /hypocrite
I don’t understand what you expect millennials to have accomplished. I’m an elder millennial and have only been able to vote for approximately 15 years. Is that enough time to make meaningful change? I don’t know.

I do agree that we have crap voter turnout but it would be interesting to compare boomers during the same voting age. Is it really worse? Maybe better?