View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oftheMoon View Post
Agreed. I'm seriously thinking of making a move to the East Exchange, but like many others parking is my concern. While I could concede to park on a open surface lot for a period of time, it would be a bit easier to swallow knowing a more secure parkade was on the way. I'm fully prepared to pay for parking, that's not the issue - the issue is not knowing if/when there will be a decent facility to park in.

It's a tough decision to make - on one hand, I really believe in the area and where it will be in 3 -5 years, but on the other hand is underlying concern that some things may not change the way I think they ought to like parking, streetscaping, etc.
It depends on a few things. the area has a few fenced secure, camera monitored lots.

My only concern is the farther you move down princess st, for example the stigma and perceptions of the area grow. It has dramatically improved over the years but thier are very troubling social issues that are only a few blocks away that need to be addressed.

I do spend much time with relatives who are renting, couldn't sell the condos, in this area.
Thier vehicles are very secure, but that's not what I worry about taking my kids for a visit Friday night.