View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2020, 9:30 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless One View Post
Actually, it's an honest question. What is San Antonio if not blue collar, in your opinion? Either you have an answer or not, but don't deflect by blaming me for your lack of an answer.

People like you are the answer to the first question, who view blue collar as a stigma. San Antonio is very blue collar, as well as white collar, and other descriptors, and there in nothing wrong with that, or pointing it out.

ETA: I'm not denying that other industries outside of blue collar are growing rapidly here, Bioscience and Bio Terrorism among the top. But to deny our blue collar standing is silly, and again, there is nothing wrong it.
If the two choices are either blue or white and I said San Antonio isn’t a blue collar city, I wouldn’t think I’d have to then explain what San Antonio is. I would assume by a simple process of elimination, the answer would be a given.

It’s simple, the majority of jobs in San Antonio are white collar.

That’s why I can say as a fact, San Antonio isn’t a blue collar city.

That is a provable fact.

Now, I feel you’ll find some way to argue that it’s false or incorrect or not a true representation.

Aside from all that. It’s the year 2020 and I don’t even think collars even apply anymore, so in the end it’s rather pointless imo.

But, if we are using those identifiers, San Antonio is WHITE COLLAR and that’s not a matter of opinion.