View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2020, 3:23 AM

I think Salt Lake's skyline is growing nicely overall. We do finally have taller projects happening off of State Street and Main Street.

I think originally, many people didn't think that we would see Block 67 actually happen. We now know that it is moving forward. I am hopeful that Phase 2 also starts as projected once the Post Office lease expires.

Phase 2, while not hitting 400', will hit 375'. It will also include another around 275'.

We may also see taller projects start springing up around the city once the City has updating its zoning heights. This was discussed during the Tuesday City Council work session. The City is looking at adding planners for the current workload and may also look at outsourcing the zoning height study to a 3rd Party to ensure that the current planners are able to focus on the current projects.

The goal of the study is to evaluate and adjust the zoning heights throughout the City that came out of the discussions regarding the Central Station district.

I do tend to go with the belief that development spurs development. As Main Street has filled in, we have seen State Street become a focus. We are now seeing this spread to West Temple and 2nd West. As the availability of land becomes more scarce along the current focus areas, we will see the areas expand.

Depending on how the zoning heights are adjusted, we may see some taller projects come to light faster, especially around the Central Station.