View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2013, 2:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
Although this rendering is for the site they looked at originally, I don't expect the design to change substantially. This is the typical Hyatt mid-rise/highrise design. Just look at the Hyatt Place website, and they all look generally the same. Just like the typical aLoft project designs are all very similar. Corporate architecture, love it or hate it.
I'll never be a guest in any of these corporate look-alike hotels/motels, I shun them.

Thank God above, many of those older motels of the 40's/50's/60's are still up and running, and well-maintained. I will never stay in a hotel where I can't even open a window! I smoke, won't smoke in my room, I gravitate to the older motels with the long wrap around aisle balconies, where, at night, I can drink my beer, stand by the railing, and smoke!

I recently stayed in a older motel in San Francisco (had to hunt it down like crazy!), built in the 40's, and I even had my own private balcony!

You won't find me staying in these places even if they only charged me $10 a nite!

I got spoiled thru 12 trips to Central/South America where, oftentimes, even at a 2 star hotel/motel I had the luxury of either a balcony and/or access to a rooftop deck for 360 degree views of the city!

The least these cheap hotel/motel developers could do is open up a rooftop deck for its guests, in lieu of balconies!