View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 30, 2012, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
Comparing comparable US cities with Canadian ones when it comes to retail is a big no-no.

A&F being a US company, they're practically located in every regional or super-regional mall in the US, but in Canada they are only in a few places (Toronto, Etobicoke, Calgary, Edmonton). Aero & AE are way more aggressive in their expansion hence why we see them in all major malls in the US and Canada nowadays. Outside the US, A&F are very picky with their locations. With only 4 stores in Canada, I doubt that we will see that brand in Moncton before, Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg and so on, way larger markets...

Usually before a US company comes into Canada or really expands they are pretty much saturated in their own market/country, therefore it's not "fair" to compare Moncton and Bangor. Obviously Bangor will get some US stores way before us or get brands that we will never get here, because the fact of the matter is, they are in the US, it's as simple as that. A&F is in Bangor and not in Vancouver, there is no common sense in that, but it is what it is.
Oh I realize that...I was just looking at it from a comparable US market size for 'sustainability' not draw to the actual chains. Some of the chains that I think we'll never see here (or won't for a very long time, like A&F or even their cheaper brand Hollister) would work VERY well here, as proven by some of your examples (Aero, AE, etc)...

I don't know if we are at the 'apple store' level just yet, but hey, if we can make a coach and sephora work...who knows.

JL