View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 22, 2024, 4:13 PM
An Airline Employee @ YYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahav View Post
I used to work for Air North at YVR, and I remember when Wing Tips did their handling in YYC. Based on your username, I wonder if you ever worked on their flights? Very very interesting to work on from a ground handler POV, lots of uniqueness that separates them from AC and WS. Especially out of YVR, cargo is massive to YXY, and planning and how to load can be tricky because of the wide range of cargo heading up north. They would even load cargo in blocked out seats in the back of the passenger cabin itself, typically not something carriers from YVR would do (ie. AC, WS, or any international carrier). I think YYC and YEG had some cargo, but YVR is their main southern point so gets the most cargo to YXY. Anyways, good memories, I left long before PrimeFlight took over, were they the ones who took over from Wing Tips? Or was there even another handler in between?
Yes, I worked at WingTips with the late Chris Richardson from 2005-2006 and at the time handled the Air North flights. Never had cargo in the cabin from YYC that I ever saw. WingTips eventually merged into Airport Terminal Services after Chris's passing. And from there I think PrimeFlight took over from ATS. Now Executive Flight Centre (EFC) will handle in June.

A Former WingTipper

The opinions stated above are my own and not those of my current employer.