View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 1:48 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Wow, great pics of the Edge Observatory! I have to get up there, before the tourist hordes come back.
That's what I've been trying to do, and loving it. Over the past month or so, I've gone to Top of the Rock, the Edge, and the Empire State. And from what I've noticed, it's primarily New Yorkers getting out and seeing things (as they should). But one important thing I've noticed is that while the Empire State and 30 Rock are still calm (the ESB without the crowds was a GREAT experience), the Edge, even at reduced capacity, is still seeing crowds. And that's where the difference from the tourists comes in. The New Yorkers visiting the Edge have likely already been to the ESB or even 30 Rock at some point. But the Edge is the new and exciting kid in town. And people want to try it out. That being said, The Empire State is a classic, and has it's own great history that cannot be matched by any new skyscraper. And its also fresh and new. So if you've been there in the past, it's definitely worth another visit now.

Anyway, the view from the ESB, where you can see how it's beginning to get crowded at the Edge. I'll add some pics later.

Video Link

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.