View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
that's generally been my experience at most state parks.

the whole "no alcohol" thing is typically unenforced unless you give the park rangers a reason to enforce it. if you know how to drink and mind your own business and not bother others around you, then it's usually a no harm/no foul kinda thing.

but because i had never been to that beach before, i didn't know to what extent the rule would be enforced. would they actually inspect the coolers of people headed to the beach? i would certainly hope not, but i just didn't know, and because i was with my wife and kids, i didn't want to take any chances. i will absolutely bring beer with me if i ever head back to that beach again in the future.
Yeah, and I understand the that the rules are there for a reason when the beach is part of a state or city park. It would easily get out of hand every weekend if drinking was permitted on the beach. It would be mayhem and would totally trash the beaches.

All this beer and beach talk makes me think... I love to drink and I love the beach. Drinking on the beach is possibly my favorite pastime.