View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
Has anyone here lived/worked in both Cincinnati and the true South? Like Mobile, AL? Aside form myself, probably not. They are worlds away.

Kentucky is not and never was the South. Tennessee in 2020 is barely the South. Knoxville was never the South. Nashville has turned into a cartoon.

But hey, Kentucky never joined the Confederacy, but let's post a thread in 2020 about Cincinnati being "southern". Swish, you win. You got the attention you wanted.

I rode my bicycle in Kentucky this past Saturday. Did I see any confederate flags? No, but I saw two Canadian flags.
Kentucky and Tennessee aren't southern?? How? Have you ever been south of Lexington and heard the accents around there? The state's biggest cultural exports are fried chicken, bluegrass/country music, bourbon, and tobacco. About as southern as it gets. Tennessee is Dolly Parton and the Grand Ole Opry, the center of country music (Nashville), center of blues music and bbq (Memphis). They're both very much southern, in my opinion. Northern Kentucky (Boone, Kenton, and Campbell Counties) are more midwestern, but even those places feel like they've got a foot in the south and a foot in the midwest. They have a baseball team named the Florence Y'alls for christ sake. And confederate flags are everywhere-- you'll see quite a bit of them on the Ohio side, for sure. But they're definitely more prevalent in Kentucky and points south.