View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 21, 2010, 5:26 PM
Weapon of Mass Creation

Thanks guys. I love skyscrapers, and I wish San Antonio had more. I have about 25 or so models (buildings, stadium, parks, monuments, etc) that I've been working on over the years, but only about 6 of them are over 400'.
I'm with you Miaht, I'd like more skyscrapers, but not too many. About 80% of my buildings are built on what are currently parking lots, and I love this city too much to ever "knock down" any older historic buildings. In fact, I 've ressurected a few. Mercury, you'll be happy to know that one of my renderings is an expansion of the Emily Morgan Hotel (its just begging for it, don't you think )
I try not to build residential close to the sidewalks. I might if either traffic is light, the complex includes a parking garage, or the street offers metered parking. Safety first! I see Travis Street as a good example. BTW The Downtown Alliance wants to convert Houston and Travis to one way steets, what do you guys think about that?
My garages are usually built a little larger because there is a need for it. I can name about 11 hotels that either do not have a garage and offer valet, or whose garage is relatively small and frequently fills up. I work inside a parking garage that leases space to some of these hotels. Only 1 of the 4 or 5 new hotels on Houston St. has a garage. I wouldn't be surprised if one is being planned right now.
Originally, the tallest structure of the Northern Wall Village was 324 feet tall. I only made it taller because of its proximity to the Alamo and Riverwalk and what i'm sure would be an amazing view of the city. Plus I built a large At&t building next to it, so I figured it could use the extra units.
Thanks again guys, its really cool to have people check out out my stuff. JJG, where have u been, man? you're fallin behind, lol i wanna see more from you. Ydoc, the Suroeste is a jewel, how about some more?

Last edited by Fireoutofclay; Sep 18, 2023 at 2:35 PM.