View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 6, 2011, 3:11 PM
the first stamp is free

^ maybe at some point, but I doubt it now. The power supply to the house is obviously cut off, and the interior is probably deteriorating rapidly.

Isn't there a bylaw in Winnipeg that allows a prospective developer to submit plans to the city for derelict properties, and after a certain amount of time has passed, if the current owner has not shown any improvements to said derelict property, the city can re-appropriate the property to the new prospective developer?

I seem to remember this happening to a house on Arlington in Wolseley. The city took a derelict house away from an owner, and gave it to someone who had a redevelopment plan in place.

Keep up with me here... if this bylaw IS available, why couldn't someone do the same for this house and GWL? The house appears from the outside to be in generally good condition. Sinking about 100k into the house would probably be enough to bring it back up to snuff.

GWL obviously have no plans for it, and are waiting until it falls down, or a backhoe "accidentally" knocks down a wall when plowing snow...

Last edited by drew; Apr 6, 2011 at 4:58 PM. Reason: grammer