View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 17, 2006, 4:34 PM

Well, and questions currently about the height of this buildings now have been put to rest as far as I am concerned. Waterview Tower went back before the plan commission for a small increase in the FAR. The height of the building hasn't changed. They are planning to add 2 more hotel rooms per floor. After the meeting I asked about the views from the rooms, because that area faces the Transportation Building and The LaSalle Wacker. The reply was that Shangri;La officials figured if you can have a hotel room facing a blank wall in New York with no problems, why not here too? Or something to that affect. Afterwards, I became the proud owner the the presentation boards , which included a floor overview and nice rendering as you can see. They just gave me the boards, and I certainly appreciate that. Fuck, who are you kidding? I'm going to get these bitches framed when I get a chance.

Yes, that dude from the Union was there to oppose the project. Commissioner Natarus asked him if he realized that the building was already under-cxonstruction and he said yes. It was pretty much a non-issue.

Here's the floor overview for Waterview Tower. Those of you who bought units can now find out how high you are actually living.

I'm also sure that someone is going to comment that the diagram shows 88 floors. Well, if you count the mezzanine level 1M and the roof, then you get 90.