View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 29, 2021, 5:01 PM

Hard to realize this change,

Must admit, that at first glance when I read of the Limestone walls coming down @LaVillta- King Kirby, I was in vehement disagreement with that move. (How could they I was thinking?) I was taken aback by the entire idea of this.
However after I saw the artists rendering of how the changes would look when complete down there I had to admit, realize, that this entire project was one heck of an improvement. The new fountain looked great! New restaurants!
This IS , seems, to be a vast improvement alright. Huge! I will surely visit the place again. I can't wait actually. A beautiful addition to downtown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkirbythe.... View Post
This thread seems to have dropped off. How about a kick in the pants to get it going again. There is lots of restaurant news happening.

Dirt turning in historic La Villita to recast plaza as culinary destination

https://sanantonioreport.org/la-vill...y-destination/

Limestone walls that for many years enclosed Maverick Plaza in La Villita are gone, and where a fountain and several structures once stood now heavy equipment and heaps of infill herald the start of a project city officials and others hope will make the area more welcoming. A rehabilitation project that began with the city seeking bids in 2016 got underway in August with construction to bring upgraded utilities to the historic site along with a new fountain, landscaping, pavers, and lighting.