View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Awesome building of course.. just questioning the city's selection of yet a third style of decorative streetlights for the streetscaping along Lombard. You have the classic five-bulb lights across the street and throughout the district, then the new style along Lily and now these more ornate bulb covers. *headscratch*
The city is horrific at streetscaping consistency, it's depressing. There's clearly no designers or anyone overseeing this on staff. They can't even order the same bike racks consistently.

At least these are all "vintage" style. Graham is seizure-inducing. It's a complete mess. Classic meets 90s transit meets SHED meets the new cheap modular unpainted Garry "upgrades".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Russian Olives are horrible weedy species of trees, much like Siberian/Chinese Elm. I hope this isn't true. I agree with the poster who said more oak and cedar should be planted. We should really try and stick with locally native species.
I don't know anything about trees but have heard that Russian olive are very hearty and can handle salt better than most others. Someone posted Winnipeg tree report/plan here a year ago maybe.