View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 2:08 AM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
And this one, that is currently facing complaints, actually DOES have street level retail. I count that one as a HUGE win in a city with an urban core as population sparse as San Antonio.

Also, I'm glad SKW and I finally agree on something.

Edit: I'll also add that even if Manhattan is not majority residential on the first floor, it is almost certainly majority non-active uses fronting the street (such as residential lobbies and office lobbies).
But this is not a side street such as West 73rd through West 78th, West 80th through West 85th, West 87th through West 95th, etc. It's a larger intersection with the potential to be like West 79th and Amsterdam which has a lot of retail below its residential. You guys can make all the arguments you want in favor of ground level lack of retail... that's your choice. But once buildings are built like that, there's no going back and adding the retail. Glad my 18 years in New York City and 7 in Boston could provide the experience that allows me to be part of the entertainment for you. If this forum were boring you wouldn't want to visit.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.4278...7i13312!8i6656

Last edited by JACKinBeantown; Mar 20, 2019 at 2:24 AM.