View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 9, 2013, 8:34 PM
Triptastic Gen X Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktko View Post
I always find it funny how people in SF just love that density figure and shout it out at every opportunity If you tell them that the city is only the 14th largest in the US, behind even Austin or Indianapolis, then you'll hear that core city population is meaningless and the metro area is what is really representative of a city size (which I totally agree with). But don't tell them that this density figure is just as meaningless!

Densities for downtown cores and metro areas would be the numbers I would really be interested to see, to be able to compare different areas on the same basis...
1. There is no point in inserting yourself into an exchange between two other forumers from 3.5 years ago
2. I didn't "shout" a density figure--I provided it in response to a forumer who wrote "I can't wait till San Fran gets some real density going on....Seems now it only rivals L.A. and San diego." That is obviously, objectively false.
3. Who cares what you "would really be interested to see" regarding population density? This thread is about a specific highrise proposal, not about you.