View Single Post
Old Posted May 23, 2007, 6:18 AM

Well, I just concidentally came back to visit Skyscraper page to find healthy discussion! Thanks for the words of encouragement! I thought you all might miss my comments becuase the last posting was from February, I think. But I sure enjoyed reading the discussion and the speculation.

OK, I'll try to respond to some of the questions here, forgive my lack of elegance, I'm a new user and you are teaching me as we go. First, don't be surprised if I'm wrong from time to time. I'm too optimistic, and sometimes that overextends me. So, don't bet too much money on m statements just yet!

The W deal isn't announced. The developer is working to close on the Kress and Jefferson/Houston Street parking lot. Current target date for closing is June 1. Anything can happen to postpone or kill the deal, but if all goes well and they close, first order of business is to sign with the the hotel chain. This isn't public knowledge, likely not good to say much more in this public forum about this subject... Waiting for the "Officially Announced" is smart at this time. I got approval for 27 stories at this site, regardless of the use or mix of uses.

I haven't seen anything on the Four Seasons. Many say San Antonio is not there yet, but the Watermark seems to be perfroming well. i can imagine a Four Seasons at the Rio Plaza site (the old Planet Hollywood). Located on Crocket Street - the Golden Street, with access to the River, and with an approved height of 300 feet, this is a luxurious site ready for an five star brand -- although the market may not be ready...

On the Golden Street, I've started calling Crocket that and it's starting to stick. The reason, besides the Watermark and the beauty of the small historic structures, is the story of South Bank. It sold last year for six cap, around $635/SF of structure, making it the alleged highest price piece of real estate in the State of Texas!

I haven't seen or heard of a Four Seasons in the River North area.

I saw a deal now fairly or totally dead for a Ritz and a Meridian at Martin/Convent/St Mary's and the River. That is an ideal site for redevelopment, and we have a concept that I'll post if I can figure out how to do that.

Darn it! Control V won't do it. Looks like I have to post it to a website. If anyone knows how to do that send me instructions or your email and i'll send you a screen capture of the San Antonio Google Earth 3D model we have built for our studies.

The height limit on Rio Plaza is 300 feet regardless of use.

Alexjon in Portland, what a city you have. Heavy rail through downtown, $2.50 to the airport, residential above retail, walking distance to work... I'm jealous. Pearl District was my main model for River North, and we are currently looking at national master planners to take the RN vision to new heights. One of the four shortlisted firms is the master planner for Pearl District, and their office is there in Portland. Exciting stuff.

I'm getting sleepy. Let me know if I failed to answer a question.

And by the way, this forum is the most energizing group I've chatted with about this subject in a long time. Keep up the excitement!