View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2007, 7:40 AM
GIVEME 550 h.p or 550 ft

Wow....could I say so much!!! hahaha...

Seriously though...it's really cool seeing the city change. And really a large part to do with the participation of the people on here. People joining community associations ( I belong to mine), people writing articles to the news paper, people attending city meetings and speaking their hearts, people attending the downtown workshops, people meeting with councilors, and most of all the people on here educating those who aren't aware of the importance of downtown revitalization. It's so exciting. Not only do we now have highrise, high density condo developments being built downtown, but we are providing underground parking and bike parking with them, and now we are building high density office towers for these new residences to work at. It's so exciting the city is changing so much before our eyes, yet the people on here have had a huge part in it. Just looking at the new developments, such as the Crystal Court now proposed at 22 stories and a new Art Gallery, the restoration of the Hudson Bay with three towers from 15 to 24 stories and six hundred units, the Gateway Green office proposal at 15 stories, the Radius with a 13 story office tower a 17 story and 13 story condo towers, and under construction the Falls at 18 and 13 stories (condo) the Aria two 12 story condos, The Victoria Parkside at 7 and 9 stories, the Juliet condos at 14 stories, Songhees hilltop with three towers from 11 to 13 story condo towers, dock side green with multi highrise and mid rise condo and office buildings housing over two thousand new residences, The Wave just finished at 13 stories, and now in Saanich several new towers are in the proposal stage at what will be a Lrt cross roads for the CRD. It's amazing yet again bravo for everyone on here for their hard work and determination to help our Council and developers build the City that Victoria needs to be and has been waiting to be.

A very exciting time in the History of this city yet it's just the start.

Cheers all!!!