View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 6, 2012, 4:58 PM
Missing the Gorges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Ithacan View Post
Thanks for the pics Vis (SSP exclusive eh? ). Sorry I didn't give you a heads up about the blog mention here, but what the heck. I was wondering what development those Lansing townhouses represent?
That would be Ivar Jonson's Heights of Lansing project. It's been under construction in bits and pieces for about six years now. Only 2 of the eight homes, and 17 of the 85 townhomes have been completed. I noticed street prep for future development, but nothing actually under way (the units in the photo were finished sometime in the spring). Which goes to show you there isn't much of a market for high-end suburban sprawl townhomes in Lansing/Ithaca.

On another note, the Tompkins Weekly has an interview with the Jim Iacovelli, the 82-year old patriarch of the family constructing the 17-unit building on the 600 block of West Seneca. It notes that development was delayed a year for the construction of a special foundation, due to the swamp land in the area. The units are apparently being rented on the upscale end of the renting spectrum, but the trade-off is that they come fully furnished. More importantly to us newsies, Iacovelli is planning another project, a 36-unit complex two miles west of the hospital (i.e. the boonies).

Last edited by Visiteur; Sep 6, 2012 at 5:12 PM.