View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
You're kidding right? Chicago has suburbs that are pretty violent. So does NYC, DC, etc. LA isn't different in this at all. This isn't the 1990s anymore. "Scary" Long Beach has one of the lowest murder rates for cities over 400,000. Meanwhile, Prince Georges County's murder rate is among the worst in the country.

Your city is much more violent and crime ridden than what LA is. Skew your facts all you want. Seems weird a guy from Houston is calling LA's crime out.

That said, I love Chicago, but there is def a issue going on with the redline. I follow Chicago news, and there is a disturbing pattern of random people getting attacked/mugged
more frequently than they should around red line stations.
I never said that other places didn't. But LA is a unique animal in that it has suburban areas in the city limits and urban areas just outside it. Not that other places don't but it is more pronounced.

Most importantly, my point was only about violent crime/murders spread out over a metro area and how municipal boundaries, just as with population, give a distorted picture. And given that I was born in San Bernardino County and have lived all over LA County, if anything I'd be biased for LA in any conversation.