View Single Post
Old Posted May 22, 2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
Another rumor? Will Disney be running this one?

Come on guys, you've got to provide some proof here; otherwise there just rumors.

Notice that in other threads, the claims are backed up by some type of proof, i.e., news article, press release, information from developer or hotel website, etc…

I'm not doubting possible inside information you may have...but please don't add to the rumor-mill going on in the SA threads. Provide some proof or at least phrase it in a way that it doesn't make it sound like it's a done-deal, which it's not at this point.

I admit, I've been wrong before, but I have a difficult time thinking Starwood would announce a W location in SA before they announce their plans for west Houston.

Most of your San Antonio post seem to question the development here. Why are you so cynical about SAT? Why should we have to wait for a news article or press release to post relevant information, especially when they are from a credible source? Do you remember when you wrote this:

Individual real estate developers/development companies are not siloed from communicating with each other (i.e., on their own little island). It is a very close-knit group of people. Everyone pretty much knows what everybody else is doing long before you or I may hear about it in some type of news media. It’s a “life-or-death” responsibility for individuals in the real estate industry to know what’s going on in their market(s).

Timing is everything in this industry. Developers don’t have the relative luxury of “waiting” or being timid. They “eat what the kill” and if there is prey out there, they’re going to find a way to “kill” it or they will starve. In pretty much any city in the world, if there is huge demand for a specific segment of the real estate market (in this case luxury high-rise condos in SA), then local, national and even international developers will take note and act accordingly.
?