View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2007, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxus View Post
Yes, Shertz1. You are correct in saying that throughout any metro area other municipalities may have there own independent vibe- Say, Alamo Heights within San Antonio. But on the whole, if I were a visitor I would not consider the smaller communities as totally separate. They are part of the entire urbanized area and that is why I call SA the 29th largest. San Francisco (municipal) has less than half as many people is S.A. but if I were visiting in in and around S.F. the urban area spreads out much farther than in S.A. That is why S.F. is really the 5th or 6th largest city and S.A. is the 29th. This is not B.S. Urbanized area, baby, Urbanized area!

San Antonio is the 27th largest metro area and is moving up in the rankings.San Antonio is the 7th largest city proper and urbanized area it is 20 something i'm sure.You need to change your signature and say 29th urbanized area or whatever.It is not the 29th largest city.This is misleading.San Francisco urbanized area includes the entire bay area,San Jose,Oakland etc and beyond.Actually San Jose is the biggest city in the bay area so Technically it should come before San Francisco as the primary city of the area.Even though it will never be seen that way.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.