View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2016, 12:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
I can't see why not. This location is poised to pop as West Market and University City continue to develop. They can get their own building, maybe as sole tenant, and negotiate a longterm lease at a good price before the area really takes off. I don't see how there are any operational business advantages whatsoever to being in the current location. The most that can be said for it is that there are underground connections so employees don't have to go out in the rain.
This is a more interesting building than many of the existing high rises on Market Street. It's not a better location however. There is still nothing to see east of this building and it's not adjacent to or connected to a subway or rail station. You've got a 10min walk from the SEPTA rail station at 30th and a longer walk from Suburban. The closest trolley stop is 22nd and I doubt many of their employees ever take the subway or trolley. Aramark building has better transit connections, is next reading terminal and is across the street from the under construction East Market development. Also close to chinatown and a host of restaurants on 13th St, Walnut st, etc. There is a big difference in the retail/restaurant density near 11th and Market vs 24th and Market. But we shall see. The on site amenities at this building are obviously going to be crucial to attracting tenants.