View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 9:54 PM

As everyone knows, Charlotte has been granted the 30th MLS team to play in 2021. Name/Crest to be revealed later. Will play in renovated BoA stadium. A new domed stadium is planned within 10 years to be shared by both teams. The Panthers' HQ facility will move to South Carolina. MLS HQ to anchor the Old Eastland Mall site. Tepper has big development plans for Charlotte.

https://charlottemls2021.com/

My coworker already made a deposit...that was fast lol.

Quote:
Josh Klein
@joshkleinrules

One of the most interesting things Tepper said today was about the revitalization of the area around Eastland. Talked about how they want to turn Central Ave into a district where people want to walk/shop/eat at all kinds of multicultural businesses.

Called it International Ave
Have been waiting for this, Central is Charlotte's most diverse street.

Quote:
Joe Bruno
@JoeBrunoWSOC9
·
5h
David Tepper tells
@wsoctv
he wants the entertainment district connecting Bank of America Stadium to Gateway Station to be like Broadway in Nashville
I'm not a honky tonky person, so I rather it be more like Beale Street in Memphis. Either way, it will be hard to replicate.

Quote:
Josh Klein
@joshkleinrules
·
4h
Said most of the $110m pledged by the city will go to that area instead of the stadium.

cc
@CLTdevelopment

Quote:
Josh Klein
@joshkleinrules
·
4h
Also mentioned a small 2K-4K music venue in the uptown entertainment district between Gateway and the stadium.

Was wondering what the plan was for the practice fields/bubble when the team moved to Rock Hill and we may have found it.
Quote:
Joe Bruno
@JoeBrunoWSOC9
·
5h
Charlotte will host the MLS Allstar Game in the future, Don Garber tells
@wsoctv
. A date has not been decided