View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 29, 2015, 5:37 PM
Speak the truth, then run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
I think we can both agree that your first example, someone heading downtown and receiving a ticket for speeding is purely anecdotal.
She received the ticket elsewhere. Paying it there would have been easy. But no, it had to be paid on Broadway downtown.

Quote:
Parking again is a familiarity issue. Go to the nearest parkade, drive in, 1hour later drive out.
The local areas was all street parking, or an Impark type lot. Everything nearby was full - I drove around (and around and around) long enough to check. I had to keep driving around until I lucked out to find an empty parking spot. And I had to make a side-trip to get change before hand. Had a parkade been available, I likely would have had a minimum $9 fee.

It's not a matter of familiarity. I used to live in the area.

But then in the suburbs, you don't need familiarity. You don't need change. If the office is in a strip mall, the free parking is right there. If not, the free parking is no further than the nearest side street.

Quote:
Bicycle's and theft? Much, much easier to steel a bike in a quiet suburban setting,
Ah, but I have to deal with the real world...