View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echostatic View Post
That overpass from the SB Frontage Rd. to 360 SB is really innovative. I'd like to see a lot of tweaks like this on all of South Mopac, not just express lane related improvements but improvements to all modes of travel.

I'd also like them to build it as fast as they built SH 45 SW, but you can't get everything.
There are a lot of really good improvements. My favorite option of the 5 they are looking at is the 4 toll lanes with elevated connections to downtown as oppose to the direct connector. You can see the huge improvement to the bridge over the Colorado:

Click to Enlarge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanatx View Post
Yup! North end of the project from 290 to Techni Center Drive is opening 8/1. Meeting their deadline to the exact day if you can believe that.
CTRMA has leaned a lot since the Mopac North toll lane debacle and it shows with 45 SW and 183 South. They've changed the type of data they require from contractors and have moved to an incentive based system instead of only punitive. They also voted last month to move up the finish date on the 130/290 direct ramps by SIX MONTHS.