View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 9, 2009, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
Is this project waiting on the new public safety HQ? It will include the adjacent fire HQ once the new one opens.
I believe there are 2 "old" Fire HQ's. The older one is across from Municipal Auditorium and is no longer used. The soon-to-be old one, the current one, is across from The Bonham Exchange, where the new 6 story Marriott is set to be built. The trucks will move to Cherry St. and the HQ's will move into the new public safety HQ's.
So I think this project is just waiting on funding. I'll find the article.

Here it is:

Quote:
September 25, 2009

The Bexar County Performing Arts Center Foundation has been charged with securing the rest of the funds necessary to construct the new center — $35 million in non-taxpayer money.

Smith says $10 million of that $35 million will be used to create an endowment for the center. He says AT&T Inc. has already pledged $5 million toward the total amount needed.

“What remains is that $30 million delta,” Smith explains. “And because of the recession, we decided it was not a good time to go out and start asking people to write checks.”

The risk of making the ask now: Smaller checks.

Smith says, depending on market conditions, the Bexar County Performing Arts Center Foundation could exit its quiet period and launch a full-blown fund-raising campaign late this year or in early 2010, when potential donors are in a more charitable mood.

Fortunately, Smith explains, some significant funding is already in place, courtesy of taxpayers and AT&T Inc. He expects that construction crews can begin work on the auditorium by June 2011. His goal is to open the doors to the new center by September 2013.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925