View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2008, 8:59 PM
Bears of antiquity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakyle04 View Post
alexjon - you are an east-side guy right? i just got to thinking...what does the east-side stand to gain from any of this - the commuter rail, light rail, or any of the recent bonds that passed.

if memory serves me, the commuter rail terminal in SA was on the west side of DT, the light rail would take people to ATT Center but probably not do much else for the east, and all of the bonds for river north/south ,soccer fields, performing arts...

i guess the freeman coliseum is getting a makeover, but what will that help mr and ms g or ma harper?
I'm from the immediate east side, the very north part (if Fort Sam is the barrier between "East" and "Northeast") and it'll get the bulk of benefits of light rail (Broadway line), Streetcar, etc. With intended density boosts to Government Hill, I'm absolutely certain that the streetcar will be extended down Carson or Grayson to the old Fort Sam main gate

The East Side may be the most served part of the area at this rate.