View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2006, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1
Hell yessssss. I think that everyone of us who can attend, should attend. We can't just talk about things and say what should happen and would like to see happen. We need to show action and be proactive.

I hope that many of you who support this project can come to the meeting. This tower needs to be built.

I can't go because of an exam that I have at the same time. But I am urging everyone to go to this meeting. The purpose of this meeting is for Ald. Hiethcock to gauge the public feelings on this project. She wanted to chop this building down to 40 stories eairlier because of local community opposition, and she will demand the project is scaled down if opposition occurs, because don't forget next year is election year, and she needs to be the 'savoir' proctecting the 'intrests' in the neighborhood from "out of scale, overbearing development". The NIMBYs have already expressed prevoius opposition to this project, especially our friends in Printer's Row, Dearborn Park and 910 S. Michigan (which probably has the heighest concentartion of complianing NIMBY bitches in the city). The NIMBYs will use this meeting to run thier mouths, and once a few start complaining, the whole room is filled the deludge of NIMBY 'concerns': traffic, views, light, shaddows, traffic, density, noise, traffic, lack of privacy, local school overcrowding, setting a precident for the area, traffic, wind, terrosim target......And any of the other bullshit claims.

If little support is shown, this project will be scaled back, so if you want this building to happen, and have thursday evening free, go there and some words of support. Lie about living in the area if you have to, but make yourself heard, even if its just a few words. Ald. Heithcock needs to be shown voters like this building at its full height and they see it as an asset to the community.