View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2010, 8:08 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schertz1 View Post
I don't plan to go back and forth with you Scottolini.
Okay.

Quote:
But, a company with 16,000 employees would have a very large impact on any town and defiantly a larger one than you are willing to admit.
I am willing to admit that a company employing 16,000 people has a big impact, and had a huge impact on Round Rock. What we are in disagreement is your claim that "much of" Austin's growth is directly tied to Dell. Greater Austin's added over 600,000 people since 1995. I don't think Dell was the reason for "much of" that growth. Some? Of course. Tens of thousands even. But tens of thousands is not "much of" 600,000+ in my opinion.

Quote:
Also census data, like any other data, means little by itself. The groups you provided do not dispute my opinion that growth along IH35S in the Onion Creek area of Austin slowed during the 80s while accelerating on the other side of town. Again, it is my opinion and I do not intend to spend time trolling through census data and manipulating it to prove anything to you.
Well luckily for me I have http://recenter.tamu.edu/ bookmarked on my computer, so it's not time-consuming or difficult to get detailed population data. I already posted the Hays County data that disputes you claim, or "opinion", that it "was a high-growth area, but after Dell that stopped".

I'll let you have the last word if you want it, though. I've said all I have to say on this subject.