View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 3, 2009, 4:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
I wouldn't call it a dead zone, but its definitely more rural in feel. Marion and McQueeney are now what Cibolo was ten years ago.

I'm glad Seguin is finally getting some of the economic boost that has been enjoyed by New Braunfels and the "metrocom" cities. Seems like it has been rather stagnant for awhile, mostly because its a bit farther from the booming areas of SA, and its on I-10 rather than I-35. Now the area seems to be coalescing into more of a region than a group of scattered cities. Even if the infill is mostly what we'd see as sprawling developments, it will attract more business and commerce to the region in the long run.
I guess what I meant to say, and what we all seem to agree on, is that this will help the likelihood of someone moving closer to 10 than 35, outside of 1604.

Add:
And let the sprawl begin, seems like we were right in saying that this will help all activity in the area south of 78.
from the sabizjournal...
Caterpillar plant spurs new residential community
Quote:
Clint Haycraft Custom Homes is planning to roll out a new subdivision that will seek to address the anticipated new housing demand created by the new Caterpillar Inc. plant in Seguin.

The South Texas home builder has dubbed the new housing community the Pecan Ridge subdivision. It will be located on a tract of land between FM 78 and Interstate Highway 10, in the city of Marion. Plans call for 24 custom, single-family homes. Lots in the community will start at one acre.

Peoria, Ill.-based Caterpillar, a construction equipment manufacturer, has selected Seguin, located just east of San Antonio, as the site for a 1-million-square-foot assembly, test and paint facility. That new plant is expected to bring more than 1,400 jobs to Seguin. Marion is located between San Antonio and Seguin.

Clint Haycraft Custom Homes is based in La Vernia, Texas, which is located just east of San Antonio along Highway 87.
cake and keep it, too.
- Harlan Douglass, The Suburban Trend, 1925

Last edited by miaht82; Aug 3, 2009 at 2:35 PM.