View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 1:40 AM

Doubt it

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
Very hard to accomplish when the student body is so far away from the venue. Having a purpose built stadium by campus will fix that. Is that still planned?
They signed a 20 year lease for the Alamodome shortly after the football program started.

SAN ANTONIO — The San Antonio City Council approved a contract extension on Thursday, which allows UTSA to play its home football games in the Alamodome through 2035.

The contract ensures the Roadrunners will continue to host contests in the 65,000-seat facility throughout the next two decades.

http://www.goutsa.com/news/2012/9/6/205679995.aspx

City made out like a bandit on that one, if you ask me.

And yes, attendance is abysmal for the Missions and UTSA. The Missions I somewhat understand, as I think most people would prefer to play with the big boys at this point.

UTSA, I don't understand, unless SA is not the hotbed of football Texas overall is? At this point, I'd rather the 'Runners play at Alamo Stadium. At least it would look close to full. First game of the season, with a new coaching staff, and some good recruits, and they only drew a little over 22,000. I was one of them, so I can complain.

Last edited by Restless 1; Sep 16, 2016 at 2:02 AM.