View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 20, 2011, 1:13 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only The Lonely.. View Post
Just to play devils advocate for a second..

What is the real benefit of carving up the forum into all these niche specific sub-forums?

Nobody has presented a compelling argument for why we need to do this.

As I see it, right now active threads float to the top and there's a sticky for each of the three major cities.

That doesn't sound so bad.

It makes our little piece of the SSP rock easy to navigate, and even occasionally encourages discussion with our country cousins next door.

In my view, this whole excercise has resulted in a solution in search of a problem.
See my previous post below, to save on repetition:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTD View Post
Again, if there is no seperation of the two provinces from within this forum (as I am hoping there will be), I would like to see Winnipeg get it's own subsection, as we have enough posters/topics for a variety of subject matter happening within the city (ie retail, dining, entertainment, sports, construction, infrastructure, transportation, etc.), similar to cities like Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Ottawa, etc. Winnipeg has a large enough membership to warrant this, plus I also think this will intice more "hidden" members to come forth and contribute with a more organized and increased subject matter.