View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2017, 9:13 PM

I don't believe anyone was saying that the RUSH were 'anchor tenants' that justify a new arena downtown. They were simply used as one example of a stable draw of 15,000 over 10 games (150,000 people) plus playoffs, that could be injecting even more life into Saskatoon's downtown core if an arena existed there. Sasktel Centre ranks right up there as one of the busiest arena's in North America in terms of days booked per year for events. And certainly, continues to be THE facility in Saskatchewan for touring music acts (except for the large outdoor touring acts which will go to Mosaic).

It is just frustrating for those of us who go to RUSH games and major concerts here in Saskatoon at the inadequacy of the facility to handle large crowds and the total lack of additional entertainment options (i.e. restaurants, pubs, bars) in the vicinity.

It is not too early to talk of a new facility, given it will likely take 10 years. My god....look how long it is taking to get the 3,000 seat Uni arena built!!