View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2012, 10:44 PM

Wow. I've never actually understood what this thread was really about, but I checked the last page today as I sometimes do to try to discern what the bloody point is. And yep. I stumbled upon a debate which has very little to do with skyscrapers.

I'm a pretty outspoken, militant atheist, and have written a few articles on the subject. Even my profile picture (or whatever it's called here) could be interpreted as a jab at theism. But I haven't really found reason yet to marry my adoration of urban planning and architecture with my championing of reason and science. This debate probably shouldn't be held here.

I'm not pointing fingers, because I haven't really read the last billion comments. I just skimmed over them and noticed there was a kinda religious theme, and I once again found cause to question both the point of this thread and the point of philosophical fervor being injected into a website about buildings.

I would appreciate it if somebody could fill me in as to what a western expresso really is, because it sounds like either a really shitty hot drink or a C - grade courier service. I would also like to know how theological debates are relevant to either this ambiguous thread or architecture in general. Thanks.