View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 30, 2015, 3:28 PM
you know where I'll be

^ ^^ I'm very curious as well precisely what transpired here. And of course, what was actually verbally stated to B-ville could very well only be part of what was communicated, or intended to be communicated.

Aside from that is the basic question of how such a real and/or perceived threat - if there was one in any case - would actually be effective, ie followed-up on/enforced? My working assumption is that - and if this is a naive assumption because this is Chicago I want to know in detail how so - it's highly unlikely that in practice politicians/the machinel are accessing actual voting records (the choices made). I think that most people - despite Chicago being Chicago - would share my assumption and that any real and/or perceived threat would have very little to no impact on voting choices. If otherwise - if there was even a small percentage of Chicago's electorate that felt it's realistically possible to be politically threatened into voting a certain way - this would be an enormous problem with our democracy and it's someting that the Justice Department and FBI would need and want to be all over.....

Last edited by SamInTheLoop; Jan 30, 2015 at 3:53 PM.