Old Posted Dec 13, 2016, 3:12 PM
New Yorker for life

http://tass.com/press-releases/918879

Premiere New Holiday Music-To-Light Show Featuring Mariah Carey
Empire State Building to Sync Tower Lights to "All I Want for Christmas Is You"

Press Releases
December 13,2016

Quote:
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. and iHeartMedia have announced that the annual Empire State Building holiday music-to-light show will feature global superstar Mariah Carey and her iconic hit song, "All I Want for Christmas Is You" from her first holiday album, Merry Christmas.

The show, designed by renowned lighting designer Marc Brickman, will premiere on December 19 and will be synced live each night at 7 p.m. ET on iHeartMedia New York's Z100, 103.5 KTU and 106.7 Lite fm through December 25.

To kick off the holiday season, Mariah Carey "flipped the switch" at a lighting ceremony in ESB's famed Fifth Avenue lobby. The event is a part of "ESB Unwrapped," a month-long celebration which features dazzling holiday decorations in the building's Fifth Avenue windows and Art Deco lobby, appearances by special surprise guests and a pianist playing a selection of holiday favorites.

"We're proud to partner with iHeartMedia and how much fun is it that multi-platinum musical superstar Mariah Carey has chosen to feature her chart-topping iconic holiday classic "All I Want for Christmas Is You" in our signature holiday music-to-light spectacular?" said Anthony E. Malkin, Chairman, and CEO of ESRT. "Our holiday light show brings New York City's holiday season to the entire world via social media and is the very pinnacle of the holiday season from high atop our iconic tower in the heart of the New York skyline."

"I can see the Empire State Building from my apartment, and it is one of my favorite buildings in the world," said Mariah Carey. "To have its iconic lights synched to my song is the perfect gift this holiday season."

"Participating in the Empire State Buildings light show has become an annual holiday tradition for iHeartMedia stations in NYC and our listeners," said Tom Poleman, President of National Programming Groups for iHeartMedia. "It's such a magical time of the year in the Big Apple, and we are looking forward to spreading holiday cheer across the City."

The stunning presentation will be visible to revelers and tourists from various vantage points around New York City and the Tri-State area, and fans should use the hashtag #ESBUnwrapped on social media channels to join in the excitement. Fans can listen to the holiday music-to-light show by tuning into Z100, 103.5 KTU, and 106.7 Lite fm, or by streaming the stations live on iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia's all-in-one streaming music and live digital radio service. A video of the entire show will be posted on the Empire State Building's YouTube channel (bit.ly/ESBUnwrappedVid) immediately following the event for those around the world to enjoy.

Last Year...

Video Link

From above, it's still the ultimate skyscraper. Love it.

Video Link

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.