View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 11, 2009, 10:21 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLtoSA View Post
I have never used JetBlue out of Austin, but when ever I book a flight I always check Austin because certain flights are cheaper out of Austin than San Antonio. Overall, I believe the pricing is similar though.

I would say that I fly out of Austin 4 out of 5 times that I fly. I don't think that it is wishful thinking that people from San Antonio drive to Austin to fly JetBlue.

I don't know a lot about the JetBlue flights out of Austin, but comperable destinations out of SAT might be more expensive. Bottom line, JetBlue is looking to get into San Antonio. If they believe that they have customers traveling from San Antonio to fly JetBlue, then why not move into SAT.

Seems like there are some touchy Austin forumers on here. Relax, its allright if another airport lands a new carrier. Remember, eventhough they are fairly close SAT and ABIA cover two different markets (with an overlap in the middle).
Perfectly said....and SAIA (In my opinion) is more positioned than ABIA to grow rapidly thanks to the result of added gates and stronger job growth in the SA metro area due to the BRAC, growth in the healthcare industry and an expanding young population from area universities. The proof is in the pudding. When the job numbers came out, SA almost doubled Austin's job growth from year end 2007 to year end 2008. I think ABIA's numbers are a tad padded (again IMO) because of SA passengers traveling north to fly on carriers such as Jetblue and Viva.