View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 4, 2009, 7:58 AM
Meh

There's also a shot in that video looking down 6th Street at the old Alamo Hotel (brown building). It's gone now.

From Wikipedia:

I had a feeling that was Bergstrom!

Quote:
The Clash made low-budget music videos for several of their songs, and the one for "Rock the Casbah" may be their most memorable. Filmed in Austin, Texas, it depicts an Arab, played by Austin actor Titos Menchaca, and an Hasidic Jew, played by local stage director Dennis Razze, skanking together through the streets, often followed by an armadillo, interspersed with the band performing in front of an oil well. The humorous tone of the video fits the song, although it is easy to read the antics of the Arab and Jew as a desire for better relations between Israelis and Arabs.[2]

The U.S. Air Force became an unwitting participant in the video. Two RF-4C aircraft landing at Bergstrom Air Force Base (near Austin) from the east are featured in the portion of the video with the lyrics "the King called out his jetfighters..."

The video features their first drummer Terry Chimes, because, at the time of its release, Headon was out of the band due to his growing drug addiction.[2] Headon admitted that seeing the video with "someone else at my place, playing my song"[citation needed] was very painful for him and he spiraled deeper into depression and drug abuse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_the_Cashbah