View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2017, 4:48 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTexas View Post
I don't have access to the SABJ anymore, but the top line looks promising.
Quote:
DC Partners has assembled the team, finalized its design, and is ready to bring out the shovels.

The Houston-based firm is officially ready to go with plans to develop a 20-story mixed hotel-condominium development in downtown San Antonio.
The 20-story development will include a mix of hotel rooms and condominium units.

DC Partners is on track for a spring 2017 groundbreaking for its mixed River Walk project, which will include 66 residences and 162 Thompson Hotel-branded rooms on two vacant sites at 101 and 123 Lexington Ave.

Since I spoke with DC Partners CEO Roberto Contreras a couple of months ago, the company has finalized an exclusive partnership agreement with the local Kuper Sotheby's International Realty office to market and sell the condominium portion of the development, and has brought on San Diego, CA-based general contractor Harvey Inc. Mexican interior design firm Amass & G and Houston-based Powers Brown Architecture round out its team.

DC Partners' Marketing Director Julie Kleine told me the firm hasn't cemented an official groundbreaking yet. But with plans to launch condo presales in mid- to late-February, she said it is just a matter of time. Once shovels start digging into the River Walk sites, construction is expected to last roughly 28 months.

Within the next week or so, the developer will also ink a deal to lease nearby space for its sales office. Klein said there are "several deals in the works." The location will be within walking distance of the site, which is an across-the-river neighbor to the Tobin Center for the Performing Arts.

"The location of the hotel is really important in terms of being central to the business district, museum reach and all of the recent city improvements," Kleine said. "It will be a great hotel if you're out and about, as well as a wonderful business hotel to see and be seen. We're only seeing San Antonio become more and more popular, and while it has always been on Texas' radar, it's now on everyone else's, too."
This is the first condo project we've seen downtown since Alteza, I believe. Interesting project, hopefully they'll start soon!