View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 10, 2019, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roryn1 View Post
I personally think the state of Saskatchewan's economy is extremely stable right now - it's where it should be for stability, but isn't like the hay day we saw ten years ago now. I think if we opened the immigration gates more and did more promotion of Canada to developing countries we could get back to those levels. I don't think we'll see interprovincial migration back to Saskatchewan like we did a decade ago - at least not for the next half century while our economy adjusts. Our government hasn't been planning for the future economy - specifically what we could leverage best on - value-added agriculture food and bio product processing, and promotion of metals that will be utilized for batteries and renewable energy. All of our growth going forward will be slow and stable as our government has a very "hands off" approach to controlling the economy which is uncompetitive when our neighboring economies both provincially and nationally are subsidizing the heck out of everything with unsustainable fiscal stimulus debt. I support going into debt though - we can't compete if our neighbors east and west and using debt to get ahead of us. If you can't beat them, join them!
Agree with a lot of what you said here but not the initial statement. It is very tough out there right now for anyone involved in the construction industry, starting from designers right through to builders/sub-trades/suppliers.