View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2008, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul in S.A TX View Post
Buds, I don't make up these stats, argue with them.

Anyhow, San Antonio may have a abundance of small companies etc as well, which quickly brings up the total. Remember San Antonio has 5 major hospitals, several high schools, a university, etc, downtown. It is not all service, stop fooling yourselves. I will look into what employeers are downtown, and go on more than assumptions, which seems to be the norm around here.
Kansas City also has "Hospital Hill" downtown, which may not be quite the equivalent of STMC, but is certainly larger than SA's existing downtown medical facilities, arguably none of which can be considered "major hospitals".

Nobody's making assumptions here. I have no inherent reason to think KC is better than SA. I'm from SA and have spent half my life there, while I've lived in KC less than a year. Making an assumption is starting from a preconceived notion and then looking for facts to back it up. You honestly think other cities don't have small businesses, hospitals, high schools, and universities downtown? It seems that you are assuming those things are unique to SA, when you know they're not if you've been to even a handful of other cities SA's size.