View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 28, 2020, 12:19 PM
RIP Knut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnyc View Post
beautiful chile wow. looks like you were there the year after we visited. and you had maybe a bit more clear weather.

when we were in santiago we took a day trip to the andes and when in valpo another day trip to isla negra and wine country just south.

then we made the choice to go to easter island instead of patagonia or up to atacama.

its interesting what people chose to do when they visit. there is so much you could do and see, but not all on one trip! chile is definately a place you want to return to and explore further.

looking forward to the rest of your world tour -- this will be a great adventure to see through your eyes.
I had been to the Atacama desert on a previous trip to Chile and left Patagonia for when i had more time since moving around requires a bit of planning and you need lots of time to see things there. I visited Patagonia in October 2018 and the weather was perfect (cold just the way i like it but long days and clear skies) the only thing i did not like was bees and wasps, i wasn't expecting them to exist at such latitude and with that climate!