View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 7, 2007, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedy13 View Post
Here's a shot I rather like that shows off the current skyline. As you can see it is especially flat in the southern part of downtown (to the right of the picture). A few taller towers in the CBD (taller area to the left) would be really nice. If we had those I wouldn't really care if the southern part was still really flat and short. The Shangri-la currently under construction should help out quite a bit (it's 31% taller than the next tallest building). It is supposed to top out in December from what I've most recently heard.

Originally posted by mr.x2 in the Vancouver photo thread...
Yes, I agree, it is rather flat on the south end of downtown. The only building that sticks out a little bit on the very far right of the photo is most likely One West which is 47 stories tall. I always felt that the 300 foot limitation in this part of town could have been relaxed a bit and additional height allowances granted for projects closer to the downtown core. I understand that this is somewhat of a reality with the present zoning and viewcones, that stairsteps heights taller as one reaches the central business core, but it falls flat south of Granville Street.