View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Yeah that's not an article. It's mostly nonsense. He talks about the Motkaluk's tax increase planned than quotes Bowman on the portion of the plan that he never talked about. What was risky about her plan was freezing assessed values. If someone bought a $100k dump and renovated it to a $1mm home, they would continue to pay taxes on the $100k value under her plan. That's the part that's risky, that Bowman was commenting on, that the "article" completely didn't mention.
Shit, that'd be awesome.

I'd salute anyone who pulled that off.

Yeah, unfair this, unfair that, but it beats the cities holy vigilance to assess as high and as often as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree View Post
yeah sorry if it wasn't clear but something like that def wouldn't prevent me from voting for him. I think all politicians are a bit like that - Bowman absolutely included. Maybe because Bellamy isn't a politician I felt the need to address it (whereas if he was it would be a given and not worth mentioning lol).

I'm coming across here too like its a major issue but this is just from some tweets. If Bellamy is indeed out there - keep doing what you're doing and run for mayor or councillor.
Bowman actually bugs me because he tries too hard to be liked, and loses his spine... he's still arrogant, but that fear of losing friends cost us an open P+M