View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2018, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahinsa View Post
Maybe I’m misunderstanding the relationships here, but Zachry is simply the operator/contractor for the development, right?

Those renderings had Overland on them, so it would appear Zachry hired Overland for the design phase. So surely if there’s enough displeasure voiced, Zachry could choose a different firm to do the designs.
Don't count on it. The park redevelopment is all an inside job, with no obligation to public accountability. Quoting a comment somebody wrote about this development on another website:

"The Hemisfair Park Area Redevelopment Corporation (HPARC, the corporation the City of San Antonio created to oversee the development of Hemisfair Park in 2009) awarded this development contract to a partnership between Zachry Hospitality and the NRP Group. David Zachry, current CEO of Zachry Hospitality, sat on the original board of directors of HPARC.

I’ll repeat that: HPARC awarded this development contract to the company of one of its former board members.

Additionally, I’m sure this part is just a coincidence but I’ll go ahead and mention it here anyway: Zachry Hospitality (an organization within the Zachry Corporation) was formed in 2009, the same year the City organized the Hemisfair Park Area Redevelopment Corp. and named David Zachry as a board member."