View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 11, 2009, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1EK View Post
It's every bit as much analytical as wishful thinking that a whole bunch of people from SA are driving to ABIA just to take JetBlue (seems ridiculous on its face given that JB isn't all that cheap in many cases).
I have never used JetBlue out of Austin, but when ever I book a flight I always check Austin because certain flights are cheaper out of Austin than San Antonio. Overall, I believe the pricing is similar though.

I would say that I fly out of Austin 4 out of 5 times that I fly. I don't think that it is wishful thinking that people from San Antonio drive to Austin to fly JetBlue.

I don't know a lot about the JetBlue flights out of Austin, but comperable destinations out of SAT might be more expensive. Bottom line, JetBlue is looking to get into San Antonio. If they believe that they have customers traveling from San Antonio to fly JetBlue, then why not move into SAT.

Seems like there are some touchy Austin forumers on here. Relax, its allright if another airport lands a new carrier. Remember, eventhough they are fairly close SAT and ABIA cover two different markets (with an overlap in the middle).