View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2008, 5:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotxag62 View Post

Check out how bad Floyd Curl Drive is, with cracked pavement, due to the heaving ground in the area.

BTW I work in the medical center, and always interested in new buildings, so hit me up for info.

I was also curious where you found those pics of the new STR facility. I still have not found any other major websites discussing it.

appreciatively
sotxag62
Yeah, Floyd Curl is a mess there. fixing that stretch is going to be piggy-backed as an alternate bid to the Floyd Curl and Hamilton Wolfe Intersection Improvement project, that will start construction in April or May. If the bids are right and the money is there it will be fixed.

You are right about that land being a little unstable, but some of the problems on that stretch of Floyd Curl have been intinsified by poor construction and pavement design.

About construction in the area:

The VA and University Health Systems are both going to construct new parking garages.
University Health Systems is also going to build a new tower at the hospital (don't know how many stories yet).
To my knowledge the STRC design hasn't changed for some time now. Ever since the city started construction at Floyd Curl and Charles Katz, the design has been the same.